Croissants with white poppy seeds
Croissants with white poppy seeds are a traditional baking made on the occasion of St. Marcin on November 11th. Croissants, a delicate half-French pastry with white poppy seeds, balls and nuts. White poppy is less popular than blue poppy. It is more delicate in taste and it is certainly harder to buy it. The recipe is not the simplest one, it must be admitted that it takes more time to cook it than standard stuffed croissants. Despite this, the Marienne croissants are worth the effort and time spent. I think that this recipe will surprise your guests with the original, nutty, delicate flavor of these wonderful croissants, not only in November.
Semi-French pastry - 12 croissants
- 12 g of dry yeast
- 1 egg (L)
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 vanilla stick
- 3.5 wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 225 g butter (30 g dough, 195 g translating)
- pinch of salt
1. Rub the flour with the yeast solution, add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Add the melted butter.
3. Make the dough to combine the ingredients so that it remains sticky.
4. Form a rectangle, wrap it with foil, put in the fridge for about 1 hour.
5. Then roll out the dough into a 30 x 15 cm rectangle.
6. Spread the butter on the rolled dough.
7. Fold the 1/3 dough from top to center, then from the bottom up to the overlap.
8. Roll out the dough into a 25x17 cm rectangle. Use a small amount of flour to sprinkle.
9. Repeat three times.
10. Chill 45 minutes in the fridge, cover the dough so that it does not dry up.
11. Repeat rolling and folding three times - dough after 30 minutes between rolling
12. Finally, wrap the dough with foil, put in the fridge overnight.
13. Take out the dough 20 minutes before preparing the croissants
- 300 g white poppy
- 100 g of marzipan mass
- 3/4 cup of icing sugar
- 100 g blanched almonds
- 100 g walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of cream 18%
- tablespoons of candied orange peel
- 3 long sponge cookies, crushed
- 1 beaten egg for spreading
- chopped walnuts
1. Scald poppy seeds and nuts with boiling water. Strain after 15 minutes, drain off the water.
2. Grind the ground 2 times in the food processor with the nuts.
3. Rub the marzipan mass in the blender with powdered sugar.
4. Add ground poppy seeds, dried fruit, sponge cake, orange peel, mix the whole
5. Add gradually the cream until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
6. Roll out the dough on the croissants to a 65x34 rectangle. Cut into 12 triangles.
7. Apply the filling.
8. Roll croissants starting from the long side towards the top.
9. Put on a baking tray, leave to rise for about 50 minutes.
10. Heat the oven to 180oC.
11. Spread the croissants with a fried egg.
12. Bake about 20-30 minutes.
Warm croissants with icing, sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Show more entries from January 2018